The technology surrounding mobile banking applications and payment gateways has improved significantly in recent years, making it easier for anyone with either an iOS or Android smartphone to make and receive payments cross-border with much lower fees than conventional methods such as bank transfers, credit cards, and conventional deposits made at a bank or post office.
By adding your banking, credit card, or debit card information onto a Money Transfer Application, you can easily send and receive funds to/from around the world. Online Money Transfer Services in South Africa have improved significantly and a leader in such services is Sikhona Money Transfers.
Sikhona Money Transfers has been in operation since 2010 and through a strategic partnership with Ria Money Transfers South Africa, Sikhona offers one of the best ways through which users can send and receive funds. The app makes it easy to send money internationally and is especially popular for money transfers to Zimbabwe.
The Sikhona Money Transfers application can be downloaded and installed on any device that runs on iOS or Android software. Users can visit the proprietary application stores, namely the App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android and follow these steps:
- Type “Sikhona Money Transfer” into the search tab.
- Select the “Sikhona Money Transfer” application developed by S-FX Money Transfer and select install. The application is 17Mb and has received 4.3/5 with 282 reviews on Google Play thus far, with over 50,000 downloads on Android devices. On the App Store, Sikhona Money Transfers is 20.7Mb and has a rating of 3.0/5.
- Once installed, you can open the application and you will be met with a quick tutorial to get you started.
- The tutorial will tell you how to register, create a beneficiary, and how to create a transaction.
- To get started, select the “not registered” option at the bottom of the page and you will be redirected to a registration form.
- Enter your First and Last name, gender, date of birth, and mobile number.
- Next, select your ID type, enter your ID number, provide the expiration date of your ID (if you selected Passport), and provide your nationality (Passport only).
- Next, you can enter your residential address.
- Lastly, you will be requested to upload a photo of your South African Identity Book or Card only followed by a selfie of yourself holding your ID Book or Card to verify your Identity.
- Once complete, click “Finish” and your information and documents will be processed and when this is complete, you will be notified of the outcome (this takes a few minutes).
- When your registration has been approved, you will receive an SMS with your username and PIN.
You can easily send funds through the app by following these steps:
From the above, it’s clear to see that Sikhona Money Transfers has made international money transfers easier for many people.
Rosebank Killarney Gazette
South Coast Herald
Take the pain out of renewing your licence, and do it online here today